Monuments & Buildings
Casa André Pilarte
Casa André Pilarte was built in 1541 by famous architect of Tavira, André Pilarte who was also responsible for building the church of Misericórdia.
16th century house of probable authorship of the famous master-mason André Pilarte, responsible for the construction of the church of Misericórdia de Tavira. The design of the main façade is distinguished, especially by the design of the spans. On the ground floor there is part of a Manueline span with expressive stonework that formed a countercured arch decorated with a small human face. The second floor is opened by a Renaissance balcony, with an elaborate datable design from 1520-40. Currently the building forms together with the confining house built in the second half of the nineteenth century. The Municipality of Tavira proceeded to its rehabilitation in 2005.