Ermida de Nossa Senhora das Angústias (ou do Senhor do Calvário)
This hermitage dates back the first half of the seventeenth century and was much venerated at this time as it was here that the procession of Senhor dos Passos ended. On this day , a large religious festival took place attracting pilgrims from all over the Algarve as well as from Andalucia.
Erected in the first half of the seventeenth century, already existing in 1634, being also known as Hermitage of Our Lady of Anguish. On the day of the patron saint (September 15) concentrated large number of devotees from various parts of the Algarve and even Andalusia, making a great religious and arraiais festival that lasted three nights. The façade was rebuilt in the late eighteenth century or in the early nineteenth century, acquiring its current appearance. Inside is painted on the wall the Mount of Calvary that served as a setting for the images, however collected, of the Crucified Lord, of Our Lady of Anguish and of St. John the Evangelist. It was classified as a Property of Interest Concelhio (decree no. 129/77, of September 29)